Our planet is no longer able to compensate for its ecological footprint. Today it would take the equivalent of two Earth planets to neutralize this footprint.
Graine de Vie association
Ikou is committed
Because it matters
Each tree captures annually 250 kg of CO2 that we generate. On average, each person in Europe returns 2 tons of CO2 annually. The footprint of our life is therefore close to 1,000 tons of CO2.
If each one of us makes a simple gesture towards the planet, it will be better equipped to deal with our ecological footprint.
- Forests cover 30% of the Earth
- The rate of deforestation is equivalent to the loss of 20 football fields every minute
- 20% of the world’s oxygen is produced in the Amazon rainforest
- 25% of cancer organizations are in the Amazon
Plant 50 trees
capture annually 250 kg de CO2
Committed to sustainable development, we want to make you aware of it. We have chosen to collaborate with the association Graine de vie, which fights against deforestation in Madagascar.
Ikou is thus part of an ecological approach against deforestation.
- The island is isolated from the rest of the world
- 200,000 species that exist nowhere else
- 90% of endemic species depend on the forest
- More than 80% of forests have disappeared on the island
An action accessible to all
We wanted to materialize our action in order to make it understandable and accessible to all. It was also important that it could be applied to all of our services, from the smallest to the largest. Thus, the notion of tree, a living being, physical, known to all, appeared to us as an obvious.
Being a small structure, not having a person in charge of sustainable development projects, it is important that this project is manageable logistically and administratively.
- 50 units to be planted per invoice
- Project launched May 3, 2016
- Already 2,800 planted trees